“AT&T THANKS SOUND STUDIO CHICAGO 12/4 SWEEPSTAKES”
SPONSORED BY AT&T MOBILITY LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF ILLINOIS AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN ILLINOIS ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN ILLINOIS AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
1. Entry Period: The “AT&T THANKS SOUND STUDIO SWEEPSTAKES” (“Sweepstakes”) commences at 9:00am ET on November 25, 2019 and end at 9:00am ET on December 2, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 9:00am ET on December 2, 2019. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes you must, as of November 25, 2019, be: (i) an existing AT&T postpaid wireless (excludes data-only plans), DIRECTV (excludes DIRECTV NOW), U-verse TV or an AT&T Internet customer (excludes DSL, Fixed Wireless Broadband, and dial-up services) with an account in “good-standing” as determined by AT&T in its sole discretion that is eligible in the AT&T THANKS® program at the time of entry; and (ii) a legal resident of ILLINOIS who who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, agents, directors of AT&T Mobility LLC (“AT&T” or “Sponsor”), and The Story House (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and iHeartRadio + Entertainment, Inc. (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities and Released Parties. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prize (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
3. To Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry.
To Enter Via AT&T THANKS App: In order to participate in Sweepstakes via this method, entrants must: (i) have a mobile device that supports the AT&T THANKS Application (currently with iOS 5 and higher or Android™ 5.0 and higher) (“App”) and download the App on that mobile device; and (ii) complete all required fields on the Sweepstakes entry form including agreeing to the Official Rules; (iii) and submit as requested to receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible.
Entrant must (i) have a plan with a wireless carrier that includes a text messaging service; and (ii) use a wireless device that is capable of two- way text messaging. This method of entry may not be available in all areas of the U.S. at all times during the Sweepstakes Period. This method of entry may cease to be available to entrants in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by entrant’s wireless carrier.
Message and data rates may apply for app download and usage and are the responsibility of entrant. Please contact your service provider for pricing plans and service availability. Sponsor is not responsible for charges entrants may incur as a result of wireless phone transmissions or data use.
Enter via Online: Visit thankssoundstudio.com and: (i) complete all required fields on the online entry form including agreeing to the Official Rule; and (ii) and submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, only one (1) entry will be considered. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the e-mail account used to participate in Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Sweepstakes Period. The “authorized account subscriber” for online entries is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be required by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entry will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
4. Odds: The odds of becoming a Sweepstakes Winner depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Prize:Eight(8) Winners (hereinafter defined) will each receive two (2) AT&T THANKS Sound Studio passes (subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon), one (1) for Winner and one (1) for guest of Winner (“Guest”) to the Elizabeth Chan concert taking place at WVAZ, 233 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 2800 Chicago, IL 60601 at 10:00am CT on December 4, 2019 with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $100 (the “Prize”). NO TRANSPORTATION OR LODGING WILL BE PROVIDED AS PART OF THE PRIZE.
Choice of ticket seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners and Guests are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein as being awarded. Prize dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, Winner privileges will be terminated and an alternative Winner may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received if time permits.
The total ARV of all Prizes is $800. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
6. Publicity Release: By participating in Sweepstakes, each Winner grants to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns and the Released Parties, the right and permission to record, film, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees and Released Parties shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Sweepstakes Winner list or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be eight (8) Winners selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries on or about December 2, 2019 by Sponsor’s independent judging agency, Administrator. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winner’s via the telephone number provided at time of entry and by entering the Sweepstakes the entrant hereby grants permission to be contacted via telephone. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential Winner cannot be reached directly and/or does not meet the eligibility requirements, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries.
8. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared a Winner and to receive the Prize, the potential Winner must sign and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator, within one (1) day of issuance of such documentation from Administrator or Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities and Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, grants Sweepstakes Entities and Released Parties the right to use potential Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification; and (c) any other release deemed necessary. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. If a potential Winner does not sign this release(s) and return it within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When such documentation is properly executed and providing potential Winners are otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winners will be determined to be a Sweepstakes winner (“Winner” and collectively “Winners”).
Guests participating in Prize with a Winner will also be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release that must be returned along with the potential Winner’s documentation as provided in these Official Rules within one (1) day of issuance. Guests traveling with a Winner must be, at the time of Prize fulfillment, the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides. If a Winner chooses not to take a Guest, or if any Guest does not sign the documentation as provided in these Official Rules within the time frame specified then the Guest elements of the Prize will be forfeited and the other elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to award the Prize. Winners and Guests agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations and agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor and the applicable venue representatives reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to a Winner and his/her Guest who engage in a non-sportsmanlike, disruptive or objectionable manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Prize concert and/or any other Sweepstakes Prize event.
Winners and Guests must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential Winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential Winner. Prize or Prize documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified.
By participating in Sweepstakes, Winners and Guests acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winners and Guests will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prize that Winners or Guests deem appropriate.
9. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or about December 2, 2019, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for any delay, cancellation or rescheduling of any Prize event. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner or a Guest. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or a Guest who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize, including, without limitation; transportation, lodging, meals, snacks, beverages, tips, gratuities, souvenirs and personal expenses are solely Winner’s responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online, television, print advertising, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Administrator and/or Sponsor.
10. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities and Released Parties are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities and Released Parties. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on thankssoundstudio.com if time permits and the Prizes will be awarded to Winners to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries received prior to any such event, or in any manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners, and the delivery of the Prizes, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
IN THE EVENT ENTRANT ATTEMPTS TO BRING A CLAIM, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DESPITE AGREEING NOT TO DO SO IN SECTION 2 OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY — WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION — BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS’ FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners (first name and state) must be made by February 8, 2019. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self- addressed stamped envelope to: “AT&T THANKS SOUND STUDIO SWEEPSTAKES”, P.O. Box 511340, New Berlin, WI 53151; and (ii) write, as applicable, “Winners List” or “Official Rules” on the lower left-hand corner of the envelope.
13. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by AT&T Mobility LLC, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd., NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319.
14. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Story House, 12777 West Jefferson Blvd., 2nd Floor, Building C, Playa Vista, CA 90066.